Movies

I went to see "Keeping Mum" the other night. Very funny; I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hadn't seen any previews so I didn't realise Maggie Smith would be a smiling, grandmotherly murderer - but of course she pulled it off perfectly.

My other recent piece of viewing was "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe". I was prepared to be a very critical audience, since I know all the Narnia books practically by heart; and love them. However, I was not disappointed. Any changes made were very minor and only enhanced the whole experience. I was a little afraid at first that they would try to 'de-Christianise' it, but my fears were groundless. I think it's secular enough to please a secular audience and Christian enough to please the Christian audience... I guess people will take different things from it, depending on their personal world-view. Anyway, I loved it and have seen it twice. I may well see it again, and I'll certainly be buying it on DVD when it comes out.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template