School chaplains

It's not often I support John Howard in anything at all, but I found this very encouraging. However, the fact that I see it as a positive step for a Christian influence in public schools probably guarantees it won't happen. Why is it that people are so anxious to be inclusive and supportive when it comes to religious beliefs and diversity, but they somehow manage to leave Christianity off the list? Discussions about diversity in religion should include all beliefs, not just the non-Christian ones. It makes me so angry sometimes because it seems like the quest for non-discrimination can only happen if Christians are discriminated against. I'm constantly hearing people say to Christians "You need to be tolerant of other religions" but they don't seem to realise that saying that means they are being intolerant of Christianity. This is nothing new, I realise, but it gets a bit much sometimes.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template