Faith restored

Just when I was feeling grumpy and had lost all faith in human nature, I went to the markets at uni and discovered that my favourite earring seller is back. (He sells other things, but I've only bought earrings from him.) He's been away for a few weeks and I wondered if he would return. I bought a pair of earrings and chatted with him for a little while about where he's been etc, then mentioned that I had been devastated a few weeks ago to lose one of my favourite earrings, which I'd bought from him several months ago. He asked which they were, so I pointed them out... and he gave me another one so I'd have a complete pair again! I should note that these earrings are sterling silver and more expensive than the cheapy ones I bought today, so it's not like he was getting his money back. When I protested that he now had a lone earring he couldn't sell he said, "Don't worry, I'll make a pendant out of it." (Perhaps he's hoping I'll buy that next week...) Anyway, it was a very nice thing to do and gave me a warm glow!


0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template