Thoroughly equipped

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13 v 20-21)

This is a great thing to be praying for each other but I think it's also something good to be praying for ourselves. I pray for a lot of things - and that's fine; God wants to hear my prayers and wants me to bring all my requests to him - but I confess I don't often pray to be equipped to do his will. I think I'm more likely to grudgingly accept that I might have some spiritual gifts that I'm prepared to use if I'm not too inconvenienced... perhaps I need to spend a little more time actively seeking to do God's will, and praying that he will equip me with everything good in order that I may do so (rather than asking for everything good so that I may lead a comfortable life).



0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template