Who is their target market?

I generally do my grocery shopping at Aldi because it's way cheaper than a regular supermarket.  One interesting feature of Aldi is that one section of the store is devoted to non-grocery, department store type items.  This can be absolutely anything - I've seen DVD players, computers, barbecues, chairs, cement mixers - you name it; they've probably sold it at some point.  I really thought I'd seen it all at Aldi but today I saw a product that made me do a double-take.  They were selling.... unicycles.  Seriously.  Unicycles.  One wheel, one seat, two pedals.

I've never really spared a thought for where you'd go to buy a unicycle (not having ever been in the market for one) but I suppose I would have thought you'd have to go to a special circus-supplies stores to find one.  Apparently not - just head over to your local Aldi store. 

For the record, I didn't see any customers buying one.

2 comments:

Dee said...

thats funny! They do have some strange stuff there at times, I guess its like a lucky dip at the container docks for them.

Louisa Claire said...

I am so with you! I too have often wondered who buys these things!

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template