Gold star!

For some time now I've been telling my counsellor that I should be awarded a gold star when I have a good week or do my homework or get things right (even though "there are no right or wrong answers here"...heh). Her response was that she had mysteriously 'lost' her gold stars (uh huh); and later she said it was time to start visualisation therapy - "I want you to picture a great big gold star"!

I tried to keep faith, but eventually I had to admit it. There was no gold star. Well, I guess that's okay. I knew I could learn to get by in a world without gold stars. Sure, a little sadder, a little wiser, but life goes on. I learned to live with it.

At the back of my mind, though, there was still a tiny little whisper. "Maybe there is a gold star..." And today, that tiny whisper became a shout...

GOLD STAR!!

















(Of course, if my counsellor thinks I'm going to shut up about the gold stars now she's going to be terribly disappointed....)
.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm glad you got the gold star you deserved!

Swift Jan said...

Gold stars make us feel special!!
Good on you :D

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template