Bits and pieces

Various things that have passed across my mind and horizon this week...

*  Ducted heating is possibly the most wonderful thing ever invented. It's been COLD here. If I had a job where I could work from home I don't think I would have left my bed all week.  There was at least one night where I got into bed with a book, stuck my feet under my hot water bottle (with its fleecy cover), picked up my cup of tea and sighed happily... aaaahhhh. Wow - who knew I would turn into a little old lady so early?

*  Last night I cooked risotto for my home group (Bible study group). It was very delicious... but possibly less so after I threw in a large handful of shaved parmesan and then realised it was green. Euww! Thankfully the risotto was about porridge consistency so it was easy to scrape a layer off the top and remove it.

*  I've been watching Elizabeth I with Helen Mirren. She is sublime. Enough said.  I've also been re-watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Really, could they have found someone who looks less like a hobbit than Elijah Wood? He's far too pretty to be a hobbit.

*  My new (temporary) boss is lovely but doesn't know the meaning of the phrase 'personal space'. Unfortunately I hate having my personal space invaded without invitation, which means we do this little dance where my boss comes to speak with me, I back off because he's standing too close, he comes closer because I've moved away, I back off again, he comes closer, etc etc. I suppose it's good exercise, if nothing else.

*  Yesterday my cat took her toilet fetish one step further and stood on the unopened packet of toilet paper in order to stick her head and paws right inside the bowl. As I watched her leaning in with her head directly under the bit where the water is released into the bowl I have to confess it took all my willpower not to press the flush button. (I promise that if I do succumb to the temptation I shall wait until I have my camera handy...)

*  The new Star Trek film was immensely satisfying, but I realised the extent of my geekness when the camera panned across the prow of the Enterprise and I smiled in delight to see 'NCC-1701'. Hmmm... yeah. Geeks ahoy.

*  Shopping, shopping, shopping... this week I bought three pairs of jeans for $75. Total, not each. Fabulous.  I'm also going to a favourite wool shop on Saturday and then to Ikea on Tuesday. Be still, my beating heart.

.

5 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

I hate it when people don't get "personal space."

You can move back, leaving one foot artfully out in front of you to "claim" some space back, and they STEP ON YOUR FOOT!

Beyond developing a bad case of BO, my only sugggestion would be to stand holding a cactus at arm's length.

mommytoalot said...

LOL @ your cats antics..gotta love felines.

Joce said...

The other way to ensure you get your needed personal space is to use your voice and your posture.. put your hand up flat, palm outwards (like a stop sign) and just say "could you not invade my space quite so much, I'd really appreciate that" or more bluntly "Did you have garlic for lunch, it's a real turn-off!"... or something along those lines...

whatever you do, don't let your boss get away with it...

and thanks for your honest blogs... I think everyone should get counselling, all power to some positive psychology I say!! <><

Hippomanic Jen said...

I like this little snippets style post. I just don't know what to respond to first.

But is it mean of me to wish I could visit so that you can manipulate the camera while I flush the loo for you?

The Blonde Duck said...

I always thought Elijah looked more like the elves.

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template