The (not red) couch is here!

It's finally here and the very nice delivery boys from Fantastic Furniture also carried my old lounge suite out to my garage, for which I was extremely grateful (especially as they didn't charge me for it).

This sort of shows the colour although it was hard to get an accurate picture. It's a little darker in real life.
















Here's the whole room (yes, you can indeed see two cat beds AND a cat tunnel...) The purple cushions won't necessarily be staying; they were just on the old couch.
















And because I have a need for completion, here's the rest of the room... (yep, that's a scratching post... it's like kitty Disneyland around here).
















What's that, I hear you ask? Could you get a closer look at that fantabulous wallpaper? Why, of course...
















Yeah, outstanding, huh? The photo doesn't do it justice; it's awesome. Oh, the joys of renting. Actually it's not really that bad... or at least, it's grown on me and I'm no longer startled when I walk into my loungeroom. Fortunately it's the only room with wallpaper.

So, that's been my day. It's been 13 years since I bought a new lounge so I'm feeling very grown up. I'll feel even better once I get rid of the excess furniture... so let me know if you know anyone in Melbourne who would like a chair like this one... (the frame is ancient - I bought it when I was 18 - but the cushion is only a year old).















.

9 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Noice. The couch, not necessarily the wallpaper.

Femina said...

Yep. I wouldn't necessarily have gone with the urine-coloured curtains either, if I'd had the choice...

Givinya De Elba said...

Lovely couch! Doesn't it feel great to get something new?

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Great couches. They look really nice.

And I hate to admit it but I quite like the look of the wallpaper too....

Femina said...

When I first looked at this place, when it was up for rent, I spent maybe 10 minutes here, along with 50 other people who were looking at it. It was another three weeks before the real estate agent rang to tell me my application had been accepted, and by that time I couldn't remember ANYTHING about the place except that there was a lot of storage in the kitchen and there was wallpaper in the lounge/entry. Not just wallpaper but WALLPAPER!! When I got the keys I was quite relieved to discover that it wasn't as horrendous as I remembered.

Hmmm... is it wrong that I keep walking into my loungeroom, looking at my couches and sighing happily? It's just that I have to buy so much stuff second-hand; it's SO exciting to have something that has had no previous owners! :)

Allegro ma non troppo said...

I bet they smell lovely and new! Gonna get red cushions in memory of the couch that almost was?

Femina said...

They DO smell lovely and new, which also gives me a little thrill. I have already started the hunt for red cushions, as it happens. :) The couches are actually a little uncomfortable with extra cushions (I've ditched the purple ones already) but I really love the look of accent cushions...

Oh, and Crazy Sister? See the right-hand bookcase there? On the fourth shelf down on the left there is a pile of books... they are Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum) novels. Count them - SEVEN. I'm reading number 8 now, and just about to buy number 9 so that I don't have to wait when I finish #8. I know they say you should never blame other people for your addictions, but still... :D

Swift Jan said...

the couch looks excellent!!

Lilly said...

The lounges are GORGEOUS. Very classic, sophisticated and grown up. Love it!!! As for the wallpaper well that you are not responsible for, lol!!!

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template