A no-dig vege garden in 9 easy steps

Start with a large tub with drainage holes kindly drilled by a handy friend...




















...add some wet newspaper...
















...a good layer of cow manure...
















...plenty of straw...
















...some more manure...
















...a bit more straw...
















...and a good layer of compost.
















Repeat three times...
















...and add vegetable seedlings.
















Voila!

In actual fact I underestimated how much room I'd need so I still have a number of vegetable seedlings that will need to go in smaller pots, but the majority are planted now and I'm feeling decidedly Mother Earth-ish and content...

.

4 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Calling all possums... calling all possums... Femina has replanted her garden. I repeat, garden replanted - operation Midnight Feast is GO, Possums, GO!

Swift Jan said...

LOL @ Jen hehe

Good for you!! I hope you get a good harvest :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Hip Jen is a big meanie. She has been my friend since 1994 and I never knew.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Yay! That is great.

I am sure the possums do not read the comments on blogs so they wont have seen Jen's call to arms...I hope.

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template