Packing

Once again I am packing to move house. I haven't actually found a place yet but decided to get a head start on the packing... and have been reminded once again how much I hate the packing/unpacking process. You would think I'd remember, having moved 8 or 9 times by now... wait, let me count... okay, it's 8 moves and 9 addresses, so this one will be my 9th move since 1991. Fortunately I have a great capacity for feeling at home wherever I am and don't tend to spend too long feeling displaced. I suppose part of it is having familiar things around me - not sure how at home I'd feel if all my possessions were lost in a fire! Anyway, I'm looking forward to the move, and to having a bit of elbow room. I've been boarding for nearly three years, living in one room with 95% of my stuff in storage. Should be fun to unpack it all and reacquaint myself with it... although I did sell a fair bit of furniture before I moved and I can't remember exactly what went (ie, what needs replacing). I'm pretty sure I need a desk, a microwave and some bookcases but I know there was other stuff. Oh well... guess I'll find out once I start unpacking.

Now to find a place to live...

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template