Single... but okay

On Sunday morning at church, after the service, I was chatting with two other unmarried women over a cup of tea. I didn't seek them out because they're unmarried; it just happened that the three of us were chatting. Someone came up to us to introduce a woman who'd come to the church for the first time that morning. This particular newcomer is married with a small child, but was there on her own that morning. The woman introducing her said (I kid you not), "This is [name], [name] and [name]. They're not married... (pause)... but it's okay. They're mature."

I think I know what she was trying to say, but honestly - "they're not married... but it's okay"?? Nope, didn't make me feel like a pariah at ALL...




0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template