Trollope

I've just been watching a BBC adaptation of Anthony Trollope's The Way We Live Now. It's typical excellent quality BBC stuff and I'm enjoying it... but I've been driven mad trying to work out who plays Marie Melmotte. I knew her voice but couldn't place it, so I went to imdb. She's played by Shirley Henderson, who also played Moaning Myrtle in two of the Harry Potter films. What I found surprising is that Shirley Henderson is 5 years older than me - which means that when she played Moaning Myrtle she was 37 the first time and 40 the second time. She obviously got the gig for her squeaky little voice (that appears to be genuine) but still... it's just unbelievable that she could get away with playing a 14(ish) year old schoolgirl at forty. FORTY!



0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template