Painting

Hey, painting is fun! I've spent most of the weekend fiddling around with paint and brushes and canvasses and I've really enjoyed it. I'm not even bothered by the fact that I'm not actually any good at it and that the paintings don't look anything like what I see in my head - it's the process that I'm enjoying, not the end result. (There was even a point where I thought, "I think I'll get some decent brushes - the cheap ones aren't that great." This is getting serious!) There's something about mixing colours and putting them on a canvas that's tremendously therapeutic... and it's just as well I like the process because I certainly won't ever make my fortune doing this.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm doing it to distract myself from thinking about hard stuff or I'm doing it to help process the hard stuff. I think it's probably both - I finished two paintings on the weekend and they're very different from each other in style and subject.... one of them was just for fun and the other was definitely a case of painting my feelings. I enjoyed them both in their own ways.


0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template