One more

I should make a list of "words and phrases I hate". Here's another one: "ministry wives". That is, wives of those who are in full time Christian ministry. What I hate about it is that it implies (a) said wife has no ministry of her own; OR (b) her ministry consists of being a wife. Period.

My feeling is, if you want to make a woman feel like her work for God has no real value in its own right, or you want to discourage her from doing any ministry of her own, then call her a ministry wife. If a woman chooses to concentrate her energies on supporting her husband's work, so be it. That's entirely her choice and God values that... but I'd really hate to think she's doing it because she's been made to feel like that's all she's good for.


0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template