Bleh

I have a cold at the moment and I feel very icky. I've been getting into bed as soon as I got home from work all week, hoping that would help me recover by the weekend (it started on Tuesday). Sadly, no - it's now Sunday, I'm spending my second day in bed and if anything I feel worse. I have a hacking cough, my sinuses are blocked, my ears are ringing, my head is aching and generally I feel very unwell and quite happy to stay in bed.

It's at times like this that I see disadvantages to living alone. Most of the time I see NO disadvantages whatsoever; I love it... but when I'm sick it would be really nice to have someone come in and say, "How are you feeling? Would you like a cup of tea?" Sure, I'm not so sick that I can't make a cup of tea myself, but it would be nice for someone else to ask anyway. I did have a friend drop around yesterday with food for me, from her and from other people in my home group, and that made me feel all warm and gooey inside. She even rang first to see what else I might need (bread, milk, fruit... cough mixture...) which was really thoughtful.

But this morning I still had to make my own cup of tea.


0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template