Less-than-subliminal messaging

Clearly the government's message about water conservation/Target 155 has started to sink in. Well, after more than ten years of drought I suppose it had to sink in eventually. I realised just how well it had sunk in tonight as I watched an episode of NCIS** on DVD. Two of the characters were investigating an abandoned house. There was a camera shot out the window from inside the kitchen, which showed the kitchen tap leaking... drip, drip, drip. I looked at it uncomfortably and thought, "Oh dear - all that water being wasted!"


**I am, by the way, rapidly becoming addicted to NCIS. I borrowed the first three seasons from a friend and... well, you may not hear from me for a while, that's all I'm saying.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

Yeah, it gets to you.

I love the way they always say "you can save water by not running the tap the whole time you're cleaning your teeth." Does anyone know anyone who has EVER done that (or have I just lived in western Queensland for too great a proportion of my life?).

Femina said...

I know plenty of people who USED to do that. We city folk don't care about saving water! My dad also used to "sweep" the driveway with the hose, not a broom - as did everyone's dad - and we thought nothing of it. I'd be SHOCKED to see that now.

I'm a little sad that kids don't get the experience of playing under the sprinkler for hours. Do they even sell sprinklers any more?

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template