Bloggiversary

This week is my three year bloggiversary. (There are many ways I could have spelled that word... I liked bloggiversary the best.)  I'm not sure of the exact date because I've done a few clean ups and deleted entries, including the first one I ever wrote, but I know it was some time in the last week of January, three years ago.  I also reached 300 posts a few days ago but I didn't notice at the time so I didn't blog about it.

Much to the relief of many, I'm sure, I'm not going to write 300 things about myself, but since it's a three year anniversary of blogging I thought I'd go with a "three" theme for this post. (Note: anything that starts "three favourite..." is likely my three favourite whatevers today.  "Favourites" can change drastically depending on my mood.)

Three strange body facts:
1. My second toes are longer than my big toes
2. I can't whistle
3. I am so completely right-hand dominant that I can't hold a full coffee cup in my left hand unless I concentrate very hard; and I have never been able to carry a handbag on my left shoulder.

Three favourite dead musicians:
1. Ella Fitzgerald
2. Cole Porter
3. Dinah Washington

Three embarrassing moments:
1. Complaining at length about a colleague and turning around to find him behind me.
2. Stepping in blue paint in Grade One and having to be carried out to the grass so I didn't walk paint all over the floor. (In hindsight, why didn't the teacher just tell me to take off my shoes?)
3. Asking my mother to take me to the hospital because I swallowed my chewing gum.  (She kept telling us not to swallow our chewing gum but never said why. I assumed it was because it would be fatal or at least very bad for me. Hey, I was 6.)

Three favourite Christian songs:
1. Blank Blue Sky by Nicky Chiswell
2. Angels Wish by Steven Curtis Chapman
3. Happy Day by Tim Hughes

Three habits:
1. I remove all jewellery as soon as I get home.
2. I never leave the house without a bottle of water, a notebook and several pens.
3. I read while sitting on the toilet.

Three things that irritate me:
1. People who drive all the way up the inside when they know their lane is ending and then try to force their way in instead of being polite like the other drivers who put their blinker on earlier and wait to be let in.
2. People who use the phrases "I tell it like it is" or "I'm just being honest" as an excuse to be horribly rude to others.
3. Wearing jeans while driving and developing a wedgie part way through the trip - seriously, try to extricate your undies whilst sitting down and wearing jeans AND trying to drive. It requires contortionist skills that I simply don't possess.

Three movies that I watch because they make me smile:

1. The Sound of Music
2. Calamity Jane
3. Little Women (any version but particularly the June Allyson version)

Three books I have read over and over:
1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Eyre Affaire by Jasper Fforde

Three things I'm glad I bought:
1. My super-comfy bed
2. My menstrual cup
3. All seven seasons of The West Wing

Three things I don't possess, but wish I did:
1. A nice singing voice and/or any musical ability at all
2. A house
3. Confidence

Three reasons I like blogging:
1. Writing about bad things helps me to deal with them
2. Writing about good things means I get to enjoy them twice
3. I have met some wonderful people

I can't think of any more 'threes' right now so that's it for my bloggiversary post.  Thanks for joining me on this ride!

.

6 comments:

Melissa... said...

Hmm, some of the things you posted leads me to think we may be related.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Congratulations on being a three year old blogger! I didn't even KNOW what a blog was three years ago!

Dee said...

I have toes like you. My mum told us if we ate watermelon seed it would grow inside... I am irritated by the same things...

re the things you are glad you bought, is number 2 what I think it is???

I'd like a house and a singing voice too.

Givinya De Elba said...

I have never seen Louisa May Alcott and a menstrual cup mentioned in the same post before. Congrats on what must be a FIRST, for your 300th-ish post!!

Femina said...

Dee - it depends what you think #2 is! Check under the "women's stuff" section in my links on the right for more info. Cups squicked me out when I first heard about them but I did some investigation and gradually came around to the idea. I would never go back now - they're better for the environment, healthier for me and I've saved HEAPS of money by not buying disposable products every month. I am a happy, happy convert! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Congrats! I love the meme of threes.

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template