Bravery

I've been meeting up with a couple of friends every fortnight to pray and chat about how we're going. It's been such a blessing to us as we've all been dealing with some major things recently and have appreciated the mutual support and love.

Yesterday when we met I talked about how I've been going with counselling. One of my friends said, "I think you're very patient and very brave." That was a lovely thing to say and I was touched to hear it (even though it doesn't feel like that from my side)... but I couldn't help thinking that I'm just a little bit over the whole bravery thing now. What I'd actually like is for someone to say, "Look, you've been very brave and you've done really well... but we'll take over from here. You go have a lie down and eat some chocolate and relax."

I don't think that's going to happen, but hey - a girl can dream!.

4 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm quite happy to say that, but I'm not certain of the efficacy of me trying to do your emotional work. Have a lie down and the chocolate anyway.

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

I can come close...

Have a skinny hot chocolate and a lie down. You don't have to tackle it all today. Have a rest and start fresh tomorrow or whenever you feel ready for it.

Femina said...

See, this is why I'll never be a marathon runner. (Yes, okay, it's not the ONLY reason!) I'd get halfway through and say, "Nah, actually I can't be bothered anymore. The novelty has worn off... pass the hot chocolate."

(And what's with the skinny hot chocolate? If I'm going to have a hot chocolate I want to enjoy it!)

Thanks for the offers anyway. If I need an understudy I know who to call. :)

Joce said...

I'm with you on the skinny hot chocholate Femina... so milk has 4% fat... chips are MUCH worse!!! And if you're having a treat... make it a treat... none of that half arsed stuff... but then I'm trying to put on weight... so I'm just not very understanding of those trying to lose it... And I totally get you with the "Brave" thing too... and do give yourself a break once in while... I take whole days when I need them (mental health days... I don't get out of bed! My bed is nearly a year old, but the novelty still hasn't worn off... I LOVE it!!!!) <><

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template