The Great Freezer Challenge Part 2

Okay, I've just done a freezer inventory and I am never NEVER again allowed to complain that I have no food. NEVER. Here's what I found:

Pre-cooked meals:
Macaroni with bacon & spinach
Burrito meat x 3
Beef and lentils
Vege/lentil soup x 4
Curried sweet potato and carrot soup x 2
Pumpkin soup
Beef and rice
Pasta with red sauce
Spaghetti sauce/mince x 2

Meat:
Crumbed cutlets x 8
Sausages x 4
Steak
Crumbed fish x 6

Veges:
Mixed frozen veges (individual serves) x 3
Peas/corn/carrots x 1 bag
Frozen roast potatoes and hash browns x 1 bag each (I'm pretty sure those particular purchases were hormonally driven!)

Other:
Loaf of bread
Puff pastry
Crumpets
1/4 of an apple cake (YAY! That was a nice surprise.)
3 bananas (for banana bread)

Cat food:
Chicken necks x 3
Minced chicken frame x 4 serves

I'm ashamed to say I had no idea most of this was even there. And we're not talking about a chest freezer here - this is just the top bit of my fridge. Forget the fortnight... I think I could do the Freezer Challenge for the next month and not even have to cook anything at all for the first three weeks.

Hmmm... what to have for dinner tomorrow?
.

2 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

If it wasn't so far, I'd be coming to your place for dinner tonight. Yummy choices - and I still haven't got to the shops for a proper shop.

Givinya De Elba said...

What a huge freezer you must have? I'm thinkin' you're pulling our leg - you DO have a chest freezer up there on top of your fridge, no?

Otherwise - tell us the brand or the capacity or what genie in a bottle helped you fit that in.

Or I'm not believing you.

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template