What shall I do today?

I have a confession... I'm a sucker for stationery. (Shut up - it's NOT an addiction! I can stop any time I want!) Ahem. Anyway, yesterday I spent the day catching up with a friend who was visiting from Sydney. It was a great day; she's a very dear friend and I haven't seen her in a long time. So, we did what any long-time friends would do... we shopped! I was, of course, unable to go past one of my favourite stores, Kikki.K. Oh, it's a treasure trove of things that I'm sure I need. No, really. It's like Ikea but with only stationery. God bless the Swedes.

Do I sound more organised as I'm typing this? I should - here's what I bought:
















It's a bit hard to see, but it's a weekly planner 60-page notepad with 'to do' and 'to buy' sections on the side, plus a section to jot things down for next week. And then, still not feeling quite organised enough, I bought this:

















It's a meal planner, which is great for me because although I'm not feeding anyone else and therefore could in theory just do whatever I like, I like to plan my meals in advance because it helps me budget and it stops me grazing on chips while I'm trying to decide what to eat.

Because I am both a stationery nerd and an organisation junkie, I am delighted with these purchases. I've even crossed two things off today's list. Clean litter tray - tick. Go to gym - tick. (Write blog post about my geekiness - tick...)
.

3 comments:

Swift Jan said...

I love that shop also!! Its fabulous!
Some great buys there!

Hippomanic Jen said...

Have we ever commented about how similar we are? I thought not. I'm impressed with your purchases, but admit to being organised enough to use them for about a fortnight before decending into my current state of disorganisation. *sigh*

But that has never stopped me getting excited about such purchases.

Sad to say I've never run into Kikki.K. This is probably a very good thing for our budget.

Givinya De Elba said...

I love stationery too! You look very organised now.

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template