It's all (ancient) Greek to me

(Well really, how could I mention learning Greek without using that phrase?)

I've been trying to learn the alphabet. I don't remember learning the alphabet in my own language - surely it wasn't this difficult?? I have no recollection of not being able to read, so presumably I could read at age 4 or so... if a 4 year old can learn an alphabet, I'm sure I can!

I must say it's very humbling to learn a language from scratch. All my smugness disappears when I look at a word and I'm not even sure of all the letters, let alone what the word might mean. I'm sure God would agree that I could use the occasional dose of humility...

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template