Moontime

If you've been reading this blog for a while you would know that I have certain hippy/feminist tendencies - I'm a-ok with equal rights for women, for example. I also don't think periods are disgusting, dirty or something to be hidden/never discussed. I use a menstrual cup and cloth pads and I'm always delighted to talk with people about them because I'd love more women - and men - to know about alternative menstrual choices (ie, ones that don't end up in landfill or out in the ocean choking fish and polluting everything). One of my goals is to de-mystify "women's troubles"... because I don't think they are 'troubles'; I think they're just a normal part of life.

Having said all that... it absolutely bugs the crap out of me when women refer to their periods as their "moontime". I don't know why it bugs me, but it really, really does. Equally, I want to hit women who write "womyn" or "wom*n" instead of "woman" (because they don't want any association with the word "MAN"). If they really want to be consistent they should also write "m*nifest", "m*noeuvre" and "m*nager".

Honestly... those women are m*niacs...

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template