Thankful

It's Thanksgiving, which we don't celebrate officially in Australia. We don't have the cultural history behind the holiday but I think it's still a great idea to think about things for which we are thankful.

So, in no particular order, here are 20 things for which I give great thanks:
  • God, who loves me passionately, without reservation and without ceasing.
  • Flannelette sheets, a hot water bottle and a good book on a cold and rainy winter evening.
  • Soft, fresh white bread.
  • My church.
  • People who ask "how are you?" and really want to know the answer.
  • Tulips.
  • The internet, which has allowed me to 'meet' some great people from all over the world.
  • Awesome apricot jam made by that lady at church.
  • My job, which doesn't pay particularly well and will never bring me glory, but which brings me great joy.
  • My day off, which also brings me great joy!
  • Vanilla-scented candles.
  • Poetry that shows me ideas I'd never considered; that speaks the thoughts I am unable to articulate; that shocks me; and that makes me laugh.
  • Purple pens.
  • My home which, although I only rent it, is a comfortable haven.
  • Notebooks with thick paper and no lines.
  • My vegetable garden.
  • A good counsellor; and an excellent health system in Australia that enabled me to get appropriate help at the right time.
  • Very ripe (but not over-ripe) nectarines.
  • Music.
  • My fantastic friends.

5 comments:

Dee said...

Thats a great list, and strangley similar to my likes.

Hippomanic Jen said...

What a great list of things to be thankful for - and you're not stuffed with Turkey to the point that you're going to burst.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Yay for purple pens! I've always enjoyed them, but never thought to be thankful for them.

Femina said...

Well, just think what a dull world it would be without purple pens!

Hippomanic Jen said...

You know, I don't think I've ever used a purple pen, and given my college affiliation that's probably a travesty.

Copyright © 2008 - cassa verba - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template